A Irish Dublin Coddle dish


A lot of people during St Patty's think of Corn Beef and Cabbage.  In America we tend to think, That this is a Irish dish.  But truth be told it is not.  You will not find it in Ireland.That is our rendition of what the true Irish eat.  It is actually Cabbage and Bacon that they enjoy.This here is a Irish dish I found in a old cookbook.  Although I made a little change,  Just 2 things to this true Irish dish.  I actually love this as much if not more than, Corn Beef and Cabbage.  I hope youwill give this recipe a try it is very very good.   




Half head of Cabbage chopped
1 onion sliced
2 carrots chopped
6 Russet potatoes sliced 1/4 in thick
1 pound beef sausage sliced
1 pound bacon raw chopped
2 cups chicken broth.
salt and pepper



In a dutch oven you will layer this recipe. like so
cabbage
onion
sausage
bacon
potato
salt pepper

Do this in 3 layer's

When you have everything in dutch oven add the chicken broth. Cover with lid and cook in a 375 degree oven for 1 1/2 hours. 

Serve with Irish soda bread this is amazing. I guarantee you will love this. 

(the change I made was I added Cabbage, and used Chicken broth instead of Beef broth.)


Serves 6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern exposure resturant Baldwin Michigan

Tail Gating Green Chicken Chilli